[unisog] Chronicle of Higher Ed. article on NetPD

DelVecchio, Anthony R. ARDELVECCHIO at stthomas.edu
Wed Nov 7 20:00:46 GMT 2001

The biggest problem I have when investigating complaints, is that I often
can't easily prove the content currently exists and is publicly available.
When a third party is using special tools to discover the infringing
material, I have no way to independently verify the infringement. This is
necessary since we use DHCP in the residence halls, and even with longer
lease durations, I cannot guarantee that the infringing host and IP
combination is still valid.

Tony DelVecchio
Network Security Manager
University of St Thomas
St Paul, MN USA
651.962.6246
"Power corrupts.  Absolute power is kind of neat."
John Lehman - Former Secretary of the Navy