[unisog] Chronicle of Higher Ed. article on NetPD

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Wed Nov 7 20:31:15 GMT 2001

	I'm in somewhat the same boat as Mr DelVecchio (but without wired
residence halls so far thank god :-)) in that it would be useful to be able
to demonsrate the offending content is indeed available. While I could grab
clients for all this long list of things and install them all (taking care
to denature them so they don't of themselves share files of course), that would
take a long time. I expect my site (and perhaps others) would be willing to
buy a package that would fetch such content given the data in your notice
that didn't open you up to sharing files while doing so. I wouldn't mind
pointing such a tool at some of the sites around my campus that my argus logs
identify as probable file sharing sites with or without an external complaint.