Authenticating OS 10.1 into Win 2K using Kerberos

DelVecchio, Anthony R. ARDELVECCHIO at stthomas.edu
Wed Nov 7 17:08:03 GMT 2001

We are in the process of preparing a rollout of Mac OS 10.1. We are
migrating our back end to Win 2K as well.  I was wondering what experiences
(if any) that have been had getting the Mac clients to authenticate using
the built in Kerberos from MIT.

I have attended conferences in the past that indicate that Microsoft once
again messed with a standard protocol and there may be issues authenticating
a non-Microsoft client into a Microsoft realm although the reverse
apparently works fine.  It has been about a year since I last looked at this
and was wondering what caveats we may run into.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Tony DelVecchio
Network Security Manager
University of St Thomas