Computer Registration

Bryan McLaughlin bsm14096 at ad.creighton.edu
Wed Jun 5 16:59:12 GMT 2002

Has anyone had success with a product or technique for registering computer before granting access University resources?  We spend a lot of time tracking down the owner of infected or compromised computers. I would like to be able to easily identify the owner/location of most machines on the network, including roaming student laptops.  How do others handle this situation.

Thanks,

Bryan McLaughlin
Information Security Officer
Creighton University
Creighton University accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Creighton University. WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. Creighton University accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.