[unisog] Ftp access to Web servers

Christopher A Bongaarts cab at tc.umn.edu
Tue Jun 11 17:27:05 GMT 2002

As Steve Bernard once put it so eloquently:

> Good suggestions. I thought of suggesting `stunnel` and FTP or WebDAV but,
> wanted to give the simplest solutions. The complexities and overhead of
> digital certificates still make some shy away.

A nice side effect of SSL-izing your HTTP server for secure "upload"
is that you can then turn around and offer HTTPS service for your
customers without additional cost to you (assuming that you buy a cert
from a commercial CA and don't roll your own).

%%  Christopher A. Bongaarts  %%  cab at tc.umn.edu       %%
%%  Internet Services         %%  http://umn.edu/~cab  %%
%%  University of Minnesota   %%  +1 (612) 625-1809    %%