[unisog] Wireless ResNet Experiences

Paul Schmehl pauls at utdallas.edu
Wed Jun 5 20:28:59 GMT 2002

All of our residences will eventually be wireless.  Right
now about half of them are.  We use Bluesocket to
authenticate users before they can get an IP address.  We
use WEP right now, but will be switching to VPN next month
for encryption.

--On Wednesday, June 05, 2002 9:15 AM -0700 William Diehl
III <willdieh at lasierra.edu> wrote:

> Greetings;
>
> Our university has recently decided to re-open one of its
> abandoned dormitories next fall and has asked that it be
> wired for ethernet (resnet).
>
> Rather than installing 240 new connections, I was
> considering making it a wireless dormitory. The main
> advantages would be lower installation costs and overall
> ease of installation (the building is very old and has NO
> conduit).

Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)
Supervisor of Support Services
The University of Texas at Dallas