[unisog] spam-filter for Exchange/Outlook, centrally managed, user selectable

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Thu Jun 6 04:26:52 GMT 2002

On Wed, 05 Jun 2002 20:24:37 +0200, Teus Hagen said:

> - incoming email from unknown senders (stored in a database) is replied with
>     a unique number in it. Or if the email sender address is in the

It's been done.

One particularly annoying variant is called 'spamarrest'.

Don't do it - it does *NOT* scale well AT ALL (hint - what are the chances that
a person using 'spamarrest' will *ever* see postings from a mailing list
that they subscribe to)?  It also has a number of "single point of failure"
issues.

Dan Bernstein's 'qsecretary' (which I do NOT know if it is released, or
just something Dan runs for himself) at least is something that gets run
for Dan, and does have smarts about recognizing mailing list mail (Dan
may be a kook, but it's a *smart* kook ;)
--
				Valdis Kletnieks
				Computer Systems Senior Engineer