[unisog] opensource in education

Marion Hakanson hakanson at cse.ogi.edu
Tue Jun 11 17:30:00 GMT 2002

> Would pretty much appreciate if anyone has come across
> article,journal,web on Teaching Information Security Using Opensource.
>
> What I have in mind would be on using *bsd,linux as a platform which
> loaded with opensource tool such as
> 1. tcpdump - for packet monitoring
> 2. snort - for anomaly detection / ids
> 3. ipf,pf - for firewall

Greetings,

Our department offers some courses on computer security, and they do use
Linux systems for at least some of the assignments.  Below is a link to a page
which describes an MS CSE degree program with a focus on computer security.
This page includes links to various security-related courses offered here,
and you may be able to contact instructors for further references:

  http://www.cse.ogi.edu/MSCSE/CS/

Note that I'm not volunteering their assistance to you, but I would be
surprised if they couldn't at least direct you to some reference material.
Or you could come join one of our degree programs yourself (:-).

Regards,

--
Marion Hakanson <hakanson at cse.ogi.edu>
CSE Computing Facilities