[unisog] attachment support

Andreas Östling andreaso at it.su.se
Fri Jun 14 13:00:58 GMT 2002

> > Also, we have some recent queries about blocking spam at the mailer level
> > beyond the usual spam list checks.  Are there any recommended solutions
> > (free or commercial) for Solaris with Postfix as the mailer software?
>
> We're trying MailScanner (http://www.mailscanner.info/) which scans e-mails
> for viruses and can use SpamAssassin to tag spam. As others have said,
> blocking what something automatic decides is spam may cause grief as one
> man's spam is another man's news (or Dilbert cartoon!) I don't think it's
> been integrated with Postfix yet though.

A colleague of mine is working on Postfix support for MailScanner
(http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/wa.exe?A2=ind0205&L=mailscanner&P=R22977).
The MailScanner author didn't want to import the patches at this point so my
colleague is now working on a forked version of MailScanner. If anyone is
interested, I'm sure he would appreciate any help with this project.

Regards,
Andreas Östling