[unisog] Recent increase in RIAA complaints

Christopher Cramer chris.cramer at duke.edu
Fri Apr 11 13:32:15 GMT 2003

Hi Stephanie,

I think that it went slow for y'all because Universal Studios is now
sending all of the UNC notifications to Duke!?

We've also seen a huge increase in notifications with our record being
60 in one day.  By far, the majority of these have come from Universal.
Since the beginning of the year, they have sent us 194 notifications :(

Interesting point about folks being caught running supernodes - we
hadn't looked into that.

-Chris

--
Christopher E. Cramer, Ph.D.
University Information Technology Security Officer