'bot file servers?

Jane DelFavero jane.delfavero at nyu.edu
Wed Apr 30 20:47:11 GMT 2003

Hi all,

We have come up against network behavior that I haven't encountered
before, and I'd like to hear from anyone who has. We have a couple of
machines which are pumping out large volumes of data, but it's not
the normal P2P junk, or IRC, as far as we can see. There's an ICMP
packet from a remote host, followed by a very large data transfer
(about the size of an .avi movie file) via UDP back to that remote
site.

Is this a trojan or backdoor (or other application) that anyone's seen before?

Thanks, Jane