Dell LoadBalancer's?

Ed Gibson egibson at uwo.ca
Wed Mar 19 16:20:10 GMT 2003

Sorry for the potentially off topic question! But here it goes.....

We will be purchasing a load balancer in the near term and had narrowed
the search down to F5 or Radware. We however recently noticed that Dell
sells the F5 stack on there 2650 server platform as an Appliance
(PowerApp.BIG-IP). Indications from both Dell (lot's of marketing gloss)
and F5 sales rep indicate that there is basically no functional
difference between the F5 540 Server Appliance platform and Dell's
PowerApp.BIG-IP.

So my question is.... Are any of you using the Dell Appliance? If so are
you happy with it?

Thanks in advance

Ed Gibson
University of Western Ontario