New virus or is it just our turn :-)

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Thu Apr 1 17:29:59 GMT 2004

	Yesterday morning there was a huge spike in scanning for ports
80, 445, 1025, 3127 and 6129. While this seems to me to be somewhat the usual
suspects for previous viri (except for the volume seen here), this morning
there are about a dozen or so machines scanning for port 135 (and apparantly
the webdav hole from one of our web server operator's logs) which are just
about to leave the network :-). Is there a new virus I haven't heard of
running or has it just become our turn for one of the old ones?