[unisog] Apparent spread of LSASS exploitation

Brian Eckman eckman at umn.edu
Wed Apr 28 17:15:31 GMT 2004

Lang, Michael wrote:
> I believe so, hard to tell because I have ACL's that block 135,445.  I saw a boat load of 1025...
>
> - Mike

Mike,

Do you have any evidence that it was trying to specifically exploit the
LSASS flaw, and not something else that might listen on 1025/tcp?
Polybot has been targeting 1025/tcp for months, well before MS04-011 was
known. I believe it was either MS03-001 or MS03-049 that it was trying
to exploit over that port.

It's important to differentiate, as if it is targeting the LSASS flaw,
then a bunch of us on this list would love to have a copy. If it's just
targetting 1025/tcp, it's likely not of interest.

Please send a copy to me if you have time. A password protected ZIP file
is preferred.

Thanks,
Brian