[unisog] Chronicle and UCLA article

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Thu Apr 29 14:05:18 GMT 2004

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 04:06:40 -0000, Rawlin Blake <lds1guy at hotmail.com>  said:
> The proof issue is why our agreement states that the student has deleted all
> files that they do not have permission to possess; and that they are not
> providing access to files that they legally possess but do not have
> permission to distribute.

Well.. I'm probably splitting hairs here (but I'm that type of person) ;)

If it was an erroneous notification, I'd be perfectly willing to sign a piece
of paper saying that I had insured that there are no longer any files on the
machine that I wasn't supposed to have - but I'd refuse to sign one that said I
had deleted them.

why there's a distinction - signing a paper that said I had deleted them would
be an admission that the files were in fact on the machine at some point in
time....