[unisog] Off Technical Topic

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Fri Apr 30 18:52:36 GMT 2004


On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 13:00:04 EDT, Ian Campbell <ICampbell at uamail.albany.edu>  said:

> "The average salary for information security managers in industry, as
> reported by Information Security Magazine in August 2002, is $121,000 per
> year."

> security and that only 11 percent of respondents pay their IT security
> managers more than $100,00."

Hmm... so 89% are paying the security manager under $100K.  Even assuming that
those 89% all pay exactly 100K, to drag the average up to $121K, the other 11%
have to be at around $289K.

Draw your own conclusions which 11% of the respondents are paying that much...


-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 226 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://www.dshield.org/pipermail/unisog/attachments/20040430/b9636e28/attachment-0004.bin


More information about the unisog mailing list