[unisog] RE: XP SP2 Compatible with SUS?

PaulFM paulfm at me.umn.edu
Fri Aug 6 15:12:08 GMT 2004

I think Microsoft would Make life easier for everyone if they released it
first on their Service Pack download page, and didn't put it on Windows
Update for at least a week (so that people who elect to use it could complain
about problems before it breaks everyone else's machines).  Or at least make
it an optional update and move it to critical after a week or two.

The fear of what the update might do is causing many to turn off automatic
updates.  If lots of people could get hold of it before it is automatically
pushed to machines - that fear might be reduced.

Paul F. Markfort               Email: paulfm at me.umn.edu
- SysAdmin -                   (Information Technology Professional)
MEnet, Rm# 152
Mechanical Engineering         Web: http://www.menet.umn.edu/~paulfm
University of Minnesota         Main Phone: (612) 626-9800 (No VM)
111 Church Street                Alt Phone: (612) 625-1916 (No VM)
Minneapolis, MN 55455-0150      Home Phone: (651) 774-2136