[unisog] IDS related Question

Michael Holstein michael.holstein at csuohio.edu
Mon Aug 16 20:25:47 GMT 2004

FreeBSD (SMP), two Gig-E cards, a passive tap (eg www.netoptics.com),
and Netgraph for bonding the cards together for FDX.

Keep Snort -- it's cheaper, faster, and better than anything which
involves a 'sales glossy' and two suit-and-ties to sell it to your boss.

Contact Sourcefire (www.sourcefire.org) if you want a commercial
appliance that runs Snort. Marty will sell (and support) what he also
gives away -- and includes a bunch of extra features.

Michael Holstein, CISSP GCIA
Cleveland State University