[unisog] XPSP2 via I2 Was: XP SP2 Compatible with SUS?

Harris, Michael C. HarrisMC at health.missouri.edu
Fri Aug 27 19:15:25 GMT 2004

I thought this might be important to some of you, especially if you
don't use SUS as per the original thread at the bottom.

I can not tell from the I2 news brief if all of Microsoft updates or
Just XP SP2 is available via this feed.

Mike
University of Missouri
KC0PAH

---
	MICROSOFT WINDOWS UPDATE OFFERS UNIQUE NETWORK RESEARCH
OPPORTUNITY

	As an Advanced Content Distribution Project, Internet2 Corporate
Partner Microsoft is augmenting
	existing download paths for the newly released Windows XP
Service Pack 2 with a link to the Abilene
	backbone network.  While the Abilene link will be seamlessly
incorporated into existing Windows
	Update infrastructure from a user perspective, this project
presents a unique opportunity to gather
	information about large-scale software distribution over a
nationwide high-performance network
	infrastructure. Network measurement and other data will be
captured for the duration of the project
	and provide the basis for applying the lessons learned during
this project to similar efforts in the
	Internet2 community.

	More information about Advanced Content Distribution Projects is
available at:
	http://members.internet2.edu/corporate/cfp-contentcollab.html

	Contact:
	Greg Wood