[unisog] Possible new virus running

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Tue Feb 1 21:29:47 GMT 2005

	I've been holding off hoping one of my folks would identify what they
got hit by, but so far no reports. We had around 25 machines (about half modems
and wireless machines) scanning on 445 this morning. Its blocked internally so
it didn't make it off site and they are now all whacked, and there have been
a trickle through the day (likely laptops brought on to the network and
infecting their surroundings). The first two who responded didn't find
anything much (spyware in one case, 5 viruses in the other), one reformated
the other started scanning again when re enabled. It may be this:

which seems to be the virus de jure which may or may not be called
W32/Mugly.i at MM which I have also been advised is running around (both from
folks that aren't infected though).