[unisog] Cansecwest trial balloon

Eric Pancer epancer at security.depaul.edu
Sat Feb 5 06:56:26 GMT 2005

Russell Fulton wrote on Sat, 2005-02-05 at 11:46:58 +1300...

> Firstly, Thank you very much Peter for following this up.  I ran out of
> steam.

I'll second that...thanks Peter.

> Tuesday would certainly work best for those of use who travel long
> distances (I always allow a couple of days to sort out my clock ;)

I'm not sure Tuesday would be best as travel budgets may be slim to
hardly-existent this year for many of us in the States. Would it
maybe be possible to do something the first night of the conference?

> I would be happy to do a short presentation on our perimeter firewall
> setup (obsd's pf).  I wrote it for AusCERT but they decided it was to
> academic specific for their conference.   I would also like to hear from
> the folk who spend their time tracking bot nets, paticularly the role
> that dns logs play in this.  Anyone want to talk about p2p apps?

I could give a small presentation on what we're doing with argus.

> My initial idea was for four 'sessions' each with a brief (half hour)
> presentation to get discussion going.  The emphasis would be on
> discussion, not on the presentations.
>
> Or we can simply get together for a day and chat...
>
> BTW I can recommend the pub! The beer's a bit expensive by NZ standard
> but it *is* good!

Mmmm.....pub.....beeer....

--
Eric Pancer :.: Computer Security Response Team :.: DePaul University
http://security.depaul.edu/ .:`:.:':.:`:. epancer at security.depaul.edu
pgp: 1024D/7ACBCFF3 C022 4991 41E5 51E7 683C F765 62F7 7F8E 7ACB CFF3