[unisog] Fw: 3com aquires TippingPoint

Douglas Brown dugbrown at email.unc.edu
Mon Feb 7 13:34:52 GMT 2005

Scott Genung wrote:
> We are concerned about both acquisitions as well. Inevitably, Cisco and
> 3Com will change these products. The question is whether or not it is
> for the better. I guess we'll all be finding out!
>
> At 11:49 PM 2/4/2005, Ryan Sumida wrote:
>
>> First Perfigo, now Tipping Point.  Tippingpoint's service has been
>> excelent thus far, hopefully that doesn't change with the acquisition.

 From what I've heard the 3Com/Tipping Point move will be a good thing.
  I personally believe 3Com has learned from previous acquisitions, and
will treat Tipping Point as a separate unit - the result should be
better funding for R&D and aggressive sales goals to turn the profits...
but that's just my opinion; we'll have to wait and see.  I imagine the
core group that made things as good as they are now will have some
attractive retention bonuses.

Cheers,
-doug

--