[unisog] MediaSentry reports, threat or menace

Stephen C Woods scw at seas.ucla.edu
Mon Jan 10 19:52:14 GMT 2005

   OK, lets look at the the other side of the issue,  is Media-sentry
generating only bogus reports?
   (Our report was for a machine that has NEVER used our network).

   Has anyone received a report from MediaSentry that actually turned out
to be a real occurrence, that is the IP exists and you have evidence
(netflows, confession etc) that the sharing really occurred.

--
-----
Stephen C. Woods; UCLA SEASnet; 2567 Boelter hall; LA CA 90095; (310)-825-8614