[unisog] HIPAA Question

Chris Crowley ccrowley at tulane.edu
Thu Jan 13 21:09:51 GMT 2005

A solution that I have investigated, but not yet proceeded with is
software which intercepts outbound e-mail with sensitive data, and
houses it on a web site.  Notification is forwarded to the intended
recipient.  They have to use HTTPS to retrieve the message contents.

There are several vendors which make products that perform this function.

Just one idea I have seen to solve the problem you are concerned about.

Chris Crowley