[unisog] MSN Messenger - two questions

Edgecombe, Jason jwedgeco at uncc.edu
Tue Feb 20 21:31:11 GMT 2007

Hi there,

I second the suggestion of an internal jabber server.

There are multiple IM services, which one should be supported? Ask your
boss that.

I would strongly encourage the use of a web chat type of interface.
There are a couple of open source helpdesk packages that do this. That
minimizes the bad guys and avoids the "Which IM network" issue.

Jason Edgecombe
Solaris & Linux Administrator
Mosaic Computing Group, College of Engineering
UNC-Charlotte
Phone: (704) 687-3514