[unisog] Job Posting: Security Architect
han.lievens at domino1.cuny.edu
Fri Apr 11 15:40:45 GMT 2008
The City University of New York is seeking applicants to fill a full-
time Security Architect position.
CUNY is the nation's leading urban public university serving more than
400,000 student at 23 colleges in New York City.
To apply, please send your resume to security at mail.cuny.edu
FUNCTIONAL TITLE: Information Security Architect
DEPARTMENT: Computer and Information Services
The Information Security Architect is responsible for the technical
definition, architecture, configuration, design, implementation and
future vision of all security technologies. This includes security
technologies, specifically, and those where security technologies may
be a component of a larger technology solution or direction. The
incumbent will report directly to the Chief Information Security
Specifically, the incumbent will be directly accountable for
- Providing security technology engineering leadership to technology
project teams as team leader or team member. This leadership will
apply to the integration of new technologies, maturing of existing
technologies and retirement/de-coupling of obsolete technologies.
- Authoring position papers on security technology tactical and
strategic direction, researching emerging trends in security
technology and providing input to the technical portion of the CISO
- Directing and approving tactical security technology decisions
including go/no-go decisions on security technology changes.
- Coordinating the implementation/introduction of new technology in
the production operating environment.
- Managing the lifecycle of security technology standards.
- Maintaining the security technology toolset used by the Information
Security Program Office.
- Prototyping, testing and evaluating security technology new to the
- Maintaining the security technology portfolio consistent with
accepted industry practices.
- Building strong, trustworthy partnerships and value-added
relationships with technology and business stakeholders.
- Exercising highly focused due diligence over the state of
information security technology.
- Providing input to the monthly Compliance Dashboard report issued by
- Extensive information security technology and architecture of 6-10
years. Combined experience in the private sector and higher education
would be a plus.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in information technology and/or
- Intelligent, articulate and persuasive leader who can serve as an
effective member of the CISO’s management team and who is able to
communicate security-related concepts to a highly technical and
business oriented leaders; in writing and verbally.
- Working knowledge of pertinent regulations (e.g., FERPA, ESRA, HIPAA).
- Extensive, hands-on, working knowledge of state of market
information security technologies.
- Goal oriented, flexible and adaptable team member and team leader.
- Committed to the highest level of constituent satisfaction and
- CISSP, Sans Institute (GIAC) certifications are a plus.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the unisog