[unisog] Separation of Law School IT Resources

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at unm.edu
Thu Apr 17 20:47:33 GMT 2008

Lazerwitz, Mr. Ian M. wrote:

> I am looking to find information on universities that have law schools.
> Do the university and the law school share any IT resources? (e.g.
> Network, Telephone, Servers, Email,…)  Or do they operate as a complete
> separate entity?  Any help would be appreciated.

I do not know if the University of New Mexico's Law School has anyone
here.. if they do they can 'correct' any problems. The law school has
mixed resources with the main university:

Telephones are run by central IT. The network to a demarc zone is
joined. UNM-Law has its own IT staff which runs their servers, email and
desktop support. They also run network behind firewalls for items that
need to off of the free-for-all internet the rest of campus has.

--
Stephen Smoogen -- ITS/Linux Administrator
  MSC02 1520 1 University of New Mexico Albuquerque, NM  87131-0001
  Phone: (505) 277-8219  Email: smooge at unm.edu