[unisog] SANS Course: Reverse-Engineering Malware: The Essentials of Malware Analysis

Paul Asadoorian paul at oshean.org
Fri Apr 18 12:27:33 GMT 2008

All:

We are very proud to announce the upcoming IVC course hosted here at
OSHEAN! Okay, so now many of you are wondering what IVC is and why we
are hosting it. IVC stands for Interactive Video Classroom and brings
higher education, state government, and many other non-profit industries
together for distance learning. The instructor is hosted at one location
and the audio and video are sent to a bridge where several other sites
can tune in to listen to the audio, watch the instructor live, and even
participate in the class. We hosted one last year and had a full house
for a Web Application Workshop where the instructor was located at
Virginia Tech. This time the instructor will be here at OSHEAN in North
Kingstown, RI. So, if you are in the RI area its just like you are
taking any other SANS training (except there will be cameras and mics in
the room). Below is the course information:

What: SEC 601 Reverse-Engineering Malware: The Essentials of Malware
Analysis (http://www.sans.org/training/description.php?tid=1757)
When: Monday, June 23rd, 2008 through Tuesday, June 24th, 2008
How Much: $500 (Thats a 75% discount off list price!)
How: Register Here: https://www.sans.org/registration/ivc.php?lid=11553
Who: Instructor is Lenny Zeltzer

The most common question I get from potential students is, "Who should
be taking this course?". The following will aid you in your decision to
take this course:

* You will benefit from this course if your job ever requires you to
understand key aspects of malicious programs.

* Individuals who found this course particularly useful often had
responsibilities in the areas of incident handling, forensic analysis,
Windows security, and system administration.

* Attendees of this course often focus on supporting their
organizations’ internal security needs. The class also frequently
includes engineers from security product and service companies who are
looking to deepen their malware analysis expertise.

Hope to see everyone in class!

Thank You,

Paul

--
Paul Asadoorian, GCIA, GCIH
Senior Network Security Engineer
Email: paul at oshean.org

PGP Fingerprint: FCB 5334 5966 D3D1 2983  C80D 4DE0 2B8D 98D8 83F5