[unisog] Separation of Law School IT Resources

Nick Buraglio buraglio at ncsa.edu
Mon Apr 28 19:38:50 GMT 2008

I don't have experience with a law school, per se, but in a previous
life I did work for a huge enterprise that had a very large, very
paranoid legal department.
They had separate server infrastructure as well as separate IT staff
to manage the server farms and legal workstations.  These folks were
the only staff who had administrative rights to the machines and had
to go through more screening before access was granted.
The network infrastructure was the same L1 - L3 with the exception of
a more restrictive set of firewalls that sat in front of the server
farm.  The network hardware was all managed by the same group but only
certain members had priv access on the legal FWs.

nb

--
Nick Buraglio
NCSA/NCDIR