[unisog] Erasure of Mobile Phone Data

Irrational Pi pinowudi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 15:38:14 GMT 2009

Because of the proprietary nature of the operation of phone software, data
erasure may be a lost cause since it is very difficult to validate.  Reuse
within the organization with the onboard 'erase and reset me' is usually
ok.  For assured data destruction on disposal, shred it.  Just get mgmt used
to the idea that the resale value of any mobile device leaving the org is
ZERO, always and forever.