[Dshieldannounce] DShield Update

Johannes B. Ullrich jullrich at euclidian.com
Sun Dec 3 23:30:32 UTC 2000

A couple of updates:

- You will now see a login link in the lower left hand corner of the
  index page ( http://www.dshield.org/index.html ).
  This link will allow you to change your user information (email
  address, pgp key, 'feedback' for submissions).

  Shortly, I will switch on feedback for submissions. Feedback will
  be provided in form of a brief message listing rejected lines and
  summarizing the submission. You will receive feedback if you
      - used a valid userid
      - switched on 'feedback' in your user profile.

  To signup for an account, see http://www.dshield.org/signup.htm

- database cleanup:
   The database will be cleaned up somewhat. Reports that originate
  or target 'private' IPs will be deleted (e.g. 192.168.x.y ).

Thanks everyone for your continued support. Don't forget to spread
the word and submit your logs. There has been some interest in other
log formats. Has anyone written a filter for them? Let me know.

Keep spreading the word and keep submitting your logs!

  Thanks !