[Dshieldannounce] Updates: Snort client, improved fightback

Johannes B. Ullrich euclidian at euclidian.com
Wed Apr 11 16:08:18 UTC 2001

A couple of updates to DShield:

  - Snort client:

     We are now supporting Snort logs. For a client that will parse the
   logs and convert them into DShield format see:

     http://www1.dshield.org/clients/dshield_snort.pl

  - Improved Fightback

     Today we are using our new and improved fightback system to
   forward more logs to ISPs. Overall, not much changed for users
   submitting logs. However, the new system greatly improved our
   ability to send out reports to ISPs. So you will see a lot more
   fightback emails in case you signed up for it.

     http://www.dshield.org/fightback.html

  Reminder:

     We got some nice buttons/banners you can use on your personal
  web page to point to dshield. Most notably, a dynamic banner that
  will automatically show the #1 scanned port and the #1 attacking
  IP.

      IMPORTANT: There is a size limit for log submissions.
  Submissions that exceed 1MByte will be cut off! In case you are
  submitting larger log files, let us know for special arrangements
  or break them down (even better: filter out noise..)

      have fun.