[Dshieldannounce] DShield Update: 06-FEB-2001

Johannes B. Ullrich jullrich at euclidian.com
Wed Feb 7 04:20:28 UTC 2001

    ONE MILLION REPORTS !

  Thanks everyone! We achieved a great milestone by adding the
one millionth line of firewall logs to our database yesterday.
Looks like the system took the step without problem and is still
performing well.

  We will take this as a hint to do some house cleaning. As the
database grows, we will move some older records to a separate
database.

  To take a closer look at this years submissions, we plotted this
neat 3D graph:

  http://www.dshield.org/images/2001_summary.gif

  enjoy. It's not dynamic yet, but we will keep it updated
periodically.

  http://www.dshield.org/port_report.php now includes
a histogram on top. More visualization to make it easier to
spot patterns.

  Visit http://www.dshield.org/whatsnew.html to find out what
else happened lately at Dshield.org.