[Dshieldannounce] DShield Update 3/1/2001

Johannes B. Ullrich jullrich at euclidian.com
Thu Jan 4 02:57:21 UTC 2001

A number of quick updates:

- Linux users: Please make sure you cycle messages logs.
  Linux does no year to the log and the scripts could get
  confused and submit duplicate logs.

- Secure Server: We got a secure server going for testing.
  Try https://secure.dshield.org to test it.

- Windows users: Keep watching for more windows clients
  to be released soon.

- For Network Admins: Are you responsible for a larger
  number of IP's? We are looking for a few Network admins
  to help us test a new feature. We would notify you if
  there are any reports implicating your network as the
  source. Please contact me off list for details
  (jullrich at euclidian.com).

Keep linking to DShield.org and spread the word. Support
has been great. The more people join the more valuable will
all this become!