[Dshieldannounce] DShield.org update 08-JAN-2001
Johannes B. Ullrich
euclidian at euclidian.com
Mon Jan 8 15:28:06 UTC 2001
- Linksys Etherfast Cable/DSL router
- Network Ice BlackIce Defender.
Available on the Windows Clients page.
- We now support Sonicwall logs. The format line should contain
Subject: FORMAT SONICWALL USERID (your User ID) TZ (your time zone)
See http://www.dshield.org/howto.html for more information.
The SonicWall log parsing is still experimental. Please
send a quick e-mail if it works for you, or a longer
e-mail if it doesn't (include log sample)
(to: jullrich at dshield.org)
- Linux users: Rotate your syslogs each year. The syslog does
not track the year and client will get confused...
- Authentication: Make sure the "From:" address you use to
send your logs matches the address associated with your
userid. I see a lot of "user at host.isp.com" style "From:"
addresses, while the address registered with us looks like
"user at isp.com". This is mostly a Linux issue.
- Mail Format: Please don't use HTML formated mail or
attachment. We rely on regular carriage returns to
detect the end of a line, while many HTML mailers use
a <BR> instead.
- Linkback page: Looking for artwork to express your support
for dshield.org? Check out http://www.dshield.org/linkback.html
Things are going great! We receive a lot of interesting logs
and started sending out "Fightback" messages to a few ISPs.
So far all we got are automated responses.
We are working on PGP (GPG) support as many asked for it.
I was hoping to announce the completion of this support today,
but things went slow this weekend (skiing weather was too good
here ;-) ).
Thanks for the great support from everyone!
More information about the Dshieldannounce