[Dshieldannounce] DShield.org Updates - 29-JAN-2001

Johannes B. Ullrich jullrich at euclidian.com
Tue Jan 30 03:51:30 UTC 2001

- top ten IP addresses report now includes number of attacked hosts and
  number of reports.

- top ten reports now show 10 records. Used to be 9 ;-)... nobody
  complained so far, but we fixed it anyway.

- new port of the day: 1080. http://www.dshield.org/port_of_the_day.html

- reworded 'myreports'. Now has color coded circles indicate the severity.
  This should make the report easier to read. the source port is considered
  as well. We are expanding the rating database.
  Let us know what you think.
  "Check my reports" (from login)

- Better tuned database... check out how fast myreports and the search
  is now.

- After all the tuning and improvements, we have plenty of room for more
  submissions ;-). Spread the word. See
  http://www.dshield.org/linkback.htm if you want banners/buttons for
  your web site.

Or see http://www.dshield.org/feeds.doc to find out how you can put a live
display of the most current DShield top attackers on your page.

Everyone running BIND: Make sure you get the latest version released this
weekend.