[Dshieldannounce] 10,000,000 lines!

Johannes B. Ullrich johannes at dshield.org
Mon Jun 11 19:22:20 UTC 2001

 What a success! DShield just received it's 10 Millionth line!
Thanks to everyone to make this possible. DShield has been a great
success. The numbers are just staggering. There are now 1,781 registered
users. We are receiving about 60,000 lines of logs daily and cover about
150,000 hosts.

   The submitter of the 10 Millionth line has been notified and will
receive a t-shirt ;-).

   And don't stop telling everyone about DShield. The new 'warning'
banner is working and I already had the oportunity to help clean up
a couple machines. For details see http://www.dshield.org/linkback.html

(BTW: for everyone that submited line 9,999,999 and 10,000,001, see
http://www.cafepress.com/dshield if you need a t-shirt)