[Dshieldannounce] Database Update

Johannes B. Ullrich jullrich at sans.org
Fri Nov 26 22:32:47 UTC 2004

As of Wednesday afternoon, our database server is finally back in business.
Swapping disks, cable, scsi cards, disc enclosures/backplanes, after a few
Fedex delays and various other problems we ran into, it looks like the server
is back and working fine.

There are still a lot of reports that queued up last week. They will be
processed now and you will see the usual submission confirmations, likely out
of order. New reports are processed as they come in.

Going forward, the University of Wisconsin has agreed to provide a backup
server. I am working with Vinod Yegneswaran, and the leader of his group,
Paul Barford, to get the system in place soon. I am very happy that they
stepped in so quickly. They did some good work analyzing our data in the
past.

One important final note: If you could login over the next couple days and
make sure that your information is current. The backup of the main user table
was a bit corrupted and I want to make sure I got all the current updates.

 THANKS!!

--
----
Johannes Ullrich