[Dshieldannounce] database "hickup"

Johannes B. Ullrich jullrich at sans.org
Wed Sep 8 17:34:45 UTC 2004

The main DShield database decided to crash earlier today
(just the db application, not the server itself). Probably
related to some table compression happening at the same
time.

Anyway, as a result, I need to check some of the larger tables
for errors before resuming data imports. I disabled a few
features on the site to speed up the process and avoid
any further corruption.

Sorry for the inconvenience. The database should be back to
normal within a couple hours (unless I find some major
corruption)

phone: (617) 639 5000                          jullrich at sans.org