[Dshield] fighting back against CodeRed

Mark Rowlands mark.rowlands at minmail.net
Mon Aug 6 21:11:43 GMT 2001

On Monday 06 August 2001 04:38, Josh Ballard wrote:
and I summarised :

> Lets take action to patch other folks machines

Let us say for the sake of argument that one of these machines belongs to the
Pentagon...or similar.... I wouldn't like to explain to them what I'm doing
in their system.

Similarly when the lawyers from MichaelMouse ISP come a  calling on behalf of
one of  their client who claims that you have damaged his system after the
"upgrade"  goes pearshaped and the box cannot be resurrected?

putting aside these minor quibbles, it is, if not actually illegal, certainly
unethical. Tampering with other peoples kit is wrong.......full stop.