[Dshield] fighting back against CodeRed

Josh Ballard jballard at cloud.cc.ks.us
Tue Aug 7 00:09:02 GMT 2001

I will give you this, that is one major summarize, and makes what I said
sound much, much worse.  I am not completely for this idea, as 1.) I did say
it was unethical, 2.) I said I wanted other peoples thoughts, 3.) said it
wasn't the way we were looking for, and wasn't asking that this be the way,
but it had been stuck in my head, and those are the exact kind of comments I
needed to get it shot down, thank you.  I didn't want it to sound terrible,
I'm not actually for that kind of thing, but I knew it would get kicked
around sooner or later, and I figured we might as well kill it sooner...
Nice examples on the Pentagon and such, I like, and everybody needed to hear
these kinds of things, because I know that a lot more people than just
myself at least had the idea pop into their head when they found out about
this huge backdoor left by CR2.  Thanks Mark...

Josh Ballard
oofle.com Linux Firewall Center
http://www.oofle.com/
jballard at cloud.cc.ks.us