[Dshield] fighting back against CodeRed

David Sentelle David.Sentelle at cnbcbank.com
Tue Aug 7 13:07:44 GMT 2001

I agree that the ethical and legal ramifications need to be examined closely.  Here's my thoughts regarding gaining access to infected computers...

Could something like the good samaritan law be invoked?  A passing computer appears sick.  Are you not obligated to fix it if you know how?

Would gaining access to a computer for the purposes of fixing a security hole be considered any worse than putting fluoride in someone's drinking water to insure they don't get cavities?

My $0.02―

David Sentelle

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify admin at cnbcbank.com and delete it from your system.