[Dshield] RE: fighting back against CodeRed

Tod D. Ihde toon at jesus-crispie.com
Tue Aug 7 15:19:13 GMT 2001

The machines are not going to get patched by the owners.

The patch has been out for months.

CodeRed (And II) have been out for days.

Wake up. Responsible people have already patched their boxes. Nobody else
has, or will.

Any quibbling that may come from the owner is easily squashed. "You want I
should have just formatted & rebooted? That was an easier program to write",
and "your box was probing mine. I made it stop."

No they might not hold up in cort, but I'm willing to bet I'm a bigger pr*ck
than anyone who might be stupid enough to try to take me to court over
patching a box they wouldn't patch themselves.

 Tod.

This email posted in pure ASCII,
for your protection.

--

 * All opinions expressed herein belong to Me. Tod D. Ihde. So there. *
  *  HTTP://toon.jesus-crispie.com/   HTTP://www.jesus-crispie.com/  *