[Dshield] RE: fighting back against CodeRed

Paul prtutt1 at home.com
Wed Aug 8 04:04:35 GMT 2001

Ok enough for a sec. Here are a few observations I have concluded about
this matter. I believe any of you that are running a CODERED Scanner can
verify this also.

Of all these probes to port 80, my research so far tells me:

80% are being done by idiots running the scanner for they are already
patched.

14% are being done by non patched machines

6% are infected

Now this may not be the most scientific analysis but on every probe I
receive I scan back only like I said above to find out someone has
nothing better to do than set their scanner to scan a vast array of
addresses.

Ok that's my piece and if you doubt me grab a scanner and scan the
address scanning you..

LOL
Paul