[Dshield] Drop in attacks

security@admin.fulgan.com security at admin.fulgan.com
Wed Aug 8 14:35:30 GMT 2001

PM> I've been digging through my logs and I know I must be jumping the gun but
PM> it looks like it's stopped?  How is everyone else today?

About one scan per 90 sec per routable IP... Not what I'd call a
drop...

But I figure it widely depends  on whitch class A network you're on.
If a large part of your class A net is registered to a well-behaving
corp, then you'll see a drop as soon as they patch all their machines
(or pull the plug). But if you happend to be on the same net as, say,
a large ADSL provider, then you won't notice any big change...

Good luck,
Stephane