[Dshield] Re: Fighting CR2

Chris Johnson Kris_Johnson at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 9 06:08:00 GMT 2001

Dustin,

You are overlooking the fact that my PC is being attacked.  As I sit here,
my quiet, unassuming laptop is having its locks tested.  I should be able
to do something in response to make the attack stop.

We have to workout what is a reasonable response when your computer is
being attacked.

And I doubt typing;

http://198.142.210.136/scripts/root.exe?/c+iisreset+/reboot

...into the address line of my browser and pressing Enter will have the FBI
on a plane to Perth.  Not that it works anyway.

CJ.

At 09/08/2001, you wrote:

>From: Dustin Decker <dustind at moon-lite.com>
>
>Chris A. Johnson wrote:
>[snip]
> > The real-world analogy is that someone pokes you so you slap them.  Fast
> > and with a sting, but with no possibility of permanent damage.

[snip]

>Folks, I cannot stress it enough.  Hell, I'll even beg you if I have to,
>please don't run off crossing these lines this way.  We're all relatively
>intelligent "hackers", and we aught to know better than to add fuel to the
>fire.  What if someone from the press starts using transcripts of this
>mailing list?  Ever thought of that?  We get all bent out of shape about
>our good little word "hacker" being used vice the appropriate "cracker",
>and yet here we are in many cases actually considering a course of action
>born of cracker mentality.
>
>Dustin

Chris A. Johnson http://krisjohn.cjb.net
Kris_Johnson at yahoo.com Mob: 0412 446 312

Sick of problems with e-mail?  Every
attachment a virus?  My ICQ is: 12281057

PGP Key Fingerprint  http://www.pgpi.com
3254 BC93 9D17 C4D0  21DB E050 B69A 8F2A