[Dshield] A few minor stats. kr/tw/jp and an interesting asid e for those paying by the Mb

Robert.Dimov@allenovery.com Robert.Dimov at allenovery.com
Thu Aug 9 13:36:58 GMT 2001

Hey Rob where is OZ are you from?

(nothing to do with Redalert)

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert [mailto:robert at chalmers.com.au]
Sent: Thursday, August 09, 2001 4:28 AM
To: dshield
Subject: [Dshield] A few minor stats. kr/tw/jp and an interesting aside
for those paying by the Mb

Interesting.

Over last night, I recorded 941 http calls to default.ida on this machine
alone. Never mind the rest of the network!.

Of those, 93 resolve to host names

of those 93, 45 are Taiwanese (.tw)
23 are Korean (.kr)

and 4 Japanese (.jp)

and 21 others. .com/.au/.net/.hk

I have no idea at this stage of how to track down the other 848 !!!  oh
well.

Do you also realise, that the extra traffic generated, for those like us in
Australia who have to pay by the Mb ( 20 cents a Mb downloaded! ) all the
extra traffic is going to cost you a FORTUNE.

If you live in Australia, complain to the ACCC. I did, and they are _very_
interested.

Robert

This email is confidential and may also be privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient please notify us immediately by telephoning +44 (20) 7330 3000 and requesting the Technology Services Helpdesk. You should not copy it or use it for any purpose nor disclose its contents to any other person.

Allen & Overy
One New Change
London
EC4M 9QQ

Tel:+44 (20) 7330 3000
Fax: +44 (20) 7330 9999
General Email: Helpdesk at allenovery.com
www: http://www.allenovery.com

Allen & Overy is a solicitors' partnership.  A list of the names of partners and their professional qualifications is open to inspection at the above office.  The partners are either solicitors or registered foreign lawyers.