[Dshield] Re: Various Updates

Bruce Lilly blilly at erols.com
Thu Aug 9 15:32:01 GMT 2001

> Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 22:30:54 -0400 (EDT)
> From: "Johannes B. Ullrich" <jullrich at euclidian.com>
> To: <dshield at dshield.org>
> Subject: Re: [Dshield] Re: Various Updates
>
> > > - Time Sync: There are a lot of new log submitters. Please make sure
> > >   your system clocks are in sync. We provide a little tool to help:
> > Actually it sends a packet to my ISP's proxy server.
> > The way around this is to use a different sever port, a la hackerwhacker.
>
> try and use the secure server:
>
>   https://www1.dshield.org/timestamp.php

That works, but there are some issues:

1.:
The certificate that the site 'www1.dshield.org' has presented does not
contain the correct site name. It is possible, though unlikely, that someone
may be trying to intercept your communication with this site. If you suspect
the certificate shown below does not belong to the site you are connecting
with, please cancel the connection and notify the site administrator.

Here is the Certificate that is being presented:

 Certificate for:
 Signed by:
 Encryption:
                   Euclidian Consulting
                   Equifax Secure Inc
                   Highest Grade (RC4 with 128-bit secret
                   key)
2.:
Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Too many connections in /home/dshield/php/common.php on line 383

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/dshield/php/common.php on line 404

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/dshield/php/common.php on line 404

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/dshield/php/common.php on line 415