[Dshield] Notes from the field about CR going into Hibernatio n ?

Tony Maro tonym at nlisc.com
Thu Aug 9 19:04:09 GMT 2001

Yeah, we did the same with IIS-ADMIND.

We located one server that defaced a customer's website and contacted them.

We were actually told by a company that "Yeah, we know, but we run our
business on that server and can't afford to shut it down to fix it."  At
that point I asked him if he realized the legal ramifications of knowingly
hacking servers around the world and doing nothing to stop it.  I pointed
out that that just might be a Federal offense.  He hung up on me.