[Dshield] I've got a question about code red...

Scott Fendley scottf at uark.edu
Mon Aug 13 03:35:36 GMT 2001

I have a question for you on this one.  of those that have attacked more
then say 25 times,  How many of them are within the same /16 as you.  How
many are in the same /8 as you.  I would venture a guess that most all of
those are.  If I remember correctly, the CodeRed II virus has affinity for
those in the same network on the class B or Class A level.  This is my
best guess to what you are seeing, but I could be wrong on this.

Scott Fendley
University of Arkanas